Today I said a few goodbyes and left IV for the Empire State. The ride home was uneventful outside of me singing along with lots of songs. Once home, I was joined by my best friend, Matt. We called Jaimie, Iris and Shandana to talk about how great we are, gobbled up chocolate chip cookies and listened to Florence and the Machine. We also discovered that we're afraid of the dark, as usual. It's very dark, windy and rainy tonight, and there are a lot of flapping tarps and tree branches around here that look very much like hoboes with blunt instruments. I swear.
And for your reading pleasure, a short dream from last night.
I'm at my old workplace, a summer camp up in the Catskill Mountains. I'm totally naked and creeping down the rocky dirt road toward the nature lodge, where I worked as assistant director. I'm quitting this job for some reason, and I have it in my head to steal as much loot as possible prior to leaving. The door is unlocked, so I get inside and turn on the light. It streams out of the screen windows -- their covers are raised to the ceiling -- but I pay it no mind. I will be done here quickly. Looking over the objects on the desk, I see various apparatuses of interest and gear meant for unknown purposes. Just as I get ready to grab and go, Brian the ranger drives by in his work truck. I swear and haul it out the back door, but he saw the light and knows there's mischief afoot. Backing up, he shines a flashlight down the hill the lodge is situated on, but I've already run to the other side of the building. Just when I think I'm safe, two or three more vehicles arrive on the scene, high beams on and hunting for the thief. Hearing calling voices, I dive for the woods by the nature trail, but a white SUV catches me in its headlights. Blinded, I stumble into the underbrush and awake.
No comments:
Post a Comment