Sunday, December 4, 2011

The Sunday of Our Discontent

          Meredith, Alaric, Sabrina and I hit the sack at about 7 AM and were up at 11 to film some sunny morning scenes for "A True Gentleman." Perhaps due to my woozy state of mind afterward, we proceeded to throw an art party of sorts in the common room, where several of us played around with watercolors, pen and ink, and acrylic paint for a couple of hours. I started my first art piece since D&P in 11th grade, so I'm sort of excited about that; it's called "ninthfloormadness," tentatively. Nearly everyone on the floor left to see Akash's Broadway show at Blackman Auditorium, and I'm staying behind to (hopefully) put a dent in the vast amount of work I have this weekend.
          I also checked my email for the first time this weekend and found these two gems.
          Office of Public Safety - "At approximately 7:00 p.m. tonight a non-Northeastern affiliate was shot on Columbus Avenue and sustained non-life threatening injuries. The incident appears to be isolated and not related to the university. It is under investigation by the Boston Police Department. The Northeastern police department does not feel that there is an imminent threat to the Northeastern community."
           And this. - "Hi Andrew,
I just wanted to let you know that you’ve been pocket-dialing my phone for the past 30 minutes.
If you could turn the phone off, that would be great.
Thanks,
Lucas [redacted]
Academic Advisor
Center for Student Academic Services
College of Arts, Media and Design
Northeastern University"
Consider the odds that I would pocket dial a Northeastern number, or a 617 for that matter. I've had no prior contact with this advisor and they're not in my list of contacts. A bizarre and slightly embarrassing episode.
          At around 2 AM, Alaric and I crushed 26 flights of stairs in one go. Feels good man.

No comments:

Post a Comment