Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Zombie Contingency Plans

          Today, my calculus professor redeemed himself. I woke early to program my calculator, and fell back asleep with the mentality that I didn't actually need to be up yet. I forgot to reset the alarm, though, and woke 45 minutes late for my two hour final. My professor gave me extra time to complete it in his office, and I may just have passed. Time will tell. Of course he was still a pretty poor educator, but the pure bro nature of that move earned him my forgiveness. And he is the loudest coffee slurper I've ever heard. Related, I lent Jaimie my lucky key for her two finals this morning. Perhaps she needed it more than me.
          After a drought of some days, I rejoined the Team Fortress 2 community in a rousing series of games with Sean. We're a pretty unstoppable Soldier-Spy combo, just saying. It was pleasing to get back into it -- crushing scrubs' heads with your thighs is good for your e-self esteem. The third point of the TF2 awesomeness triangle, Alaric, has since left IV for vacation, but I would like to mention how extremely jelly I am of his The Incredibles-watching and bath-taking at home. Related, I need to go through and change all the movie titles I've mentioned to italics rather than quotes.
          The men of the 9th floor are 78% more likely to survive a woman-zombie infestation now that I have put together a diagram of the floor mapping out the threat levels of each female, should they be zombified. I owe much of it to the help of Ben, Sean, Sabrina, Laura, Meredith and others. Up next: rankings in male survivability. Keep your eyes peeled. Which is a disgusting idiom when you think about it.
          One last obstacle stands in my way. I have a ten-piece college writing portfolio due before four o'clock tomorrow. I slept for three or four hours this evening before Angel, Sean, Iris and I viewed Pan's Labyrinth, so I don't think I will be sleeping tonight. Bring it on, analytical essays. Also, Heather finally returned my ceramic sarcophagus, which contains most of my markers and highlighters. Unfortunately she came by while I slept, so I missed the opportunity to thank her. I am writing this entry at 2:20 AM, Iris is passed out here and I'm listening to Modest Mouse's beautifully understated "Make Everyone Happy / Mechanical Birds." The relaxation vibe is tangible. Time to work.

          Dear possibly nonexistent higher power, I am grateful for my floor buddies. When I have a bad day, I can always count on them to say inexplicably funny things and cheer me up. Quotes of the day:
"What is up with all the fooding in this room, always?!" - Akash
[watching a ridiculous kung fu flick in the dining hall] "Better get our CGI money in!" - Sean
"'Boned'? That is approaching critical douche levels." - Sean
[conducting research] "Okay, so, Lena, on a scale of one to ten, how easily could your roommate kill you if she were to become a zombie?" - me
"Every time I walk into this room, I get worldliness rubbed against my head..." - Sabrina
...
Sabrina: "I'm gonna shish-ka-bob you on this!"
Me: "Isn't that my line?"
Sabrina: "Since when?"
Me: "Since having a penis? Like, birth?"

No comments:

Post a Comment