As it happens, I never went to bed after getting out of Iris' room. Instead I stayed up and got more than my daily fix of TF2, making a new friend in the process. I was a Spy and he was a Scout, and shit was tight. For breakfast I finished off the bacon & onion pizza that I jacked from our last Intro to Physics class. After doing some minor chores, I went to Ryder for my final WPaSH class. It did not disappoint. Class ended 45 minutes early and Professor Robison aped the Symphony people by entering and leaving the classroom and taking multiple bows to thunderous applause.
After class I went to speak with Professor Schmitt, faculty advisor for political science. We briefly discussed my plans for the next couple of semesters, but the real insight came to me while I waited for 2 other students to finish consulting with him. The man absolutely radiates experience and knowledgeability, and is commendably even-handed and logical while considering problems. I'm truly excited to work with him in the coming years.
Post-advising, we got down to bidness in IV. We finished up the shoots for "A True Gentleman," which is now finished and awaiting a screening at midnight tomorrow. In my words, it's "fucking sweet." In Alaric's words, it's "fucking Mad Men." I'll be sure to post a link once it's online. We sang "Happy Birthday" to my super cool RA, Colleen; with some preparatory hum tuning and Sean's harmony, it actually sounded good for once. Alaric completed Fig. 2 of his great series, "Ich Bin Ein Balliner." To round out the night, Meredith, Sabrina, Sean and Sarah joined me to watch "Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog," which was an excellent decision and only 45 minutes long.
Exchange of the day:
Sabrina: "Go back to being unconscious. You're better off not knowing."
Me: "Sounds like my first time..."
And now, two new introductions!
Meredith -- A ravenous Dr. Who fan and generally cool person from Kentucky. (The northern, non-redneck part, she says.) Her housekeeping skills are atrocious, but her ability to produce random facts on a given topic is as yet unmatched. I met her randomly in the first couple days of Welcome Week but we didn't make friends until recently.
Lauren B. -- The first such complication to enter these annals, the second Lauren introduced shall henceforth be known by her first name and last initial. She's Meredith's roommate and is thankfully much better at cleaning. On the flip side, she has terrible taste in films and actively seeks to topple the success of movie nights. She's also in self-exile from the 9th floor residents in WPaSH, randomly sitting on the opposite side of the room from Scott, Akash and I.
No comments:
Post a Comment