Monday, December 5, 2011

No Sleep Till Boston

          So after those four hours of sleep Saturday night, I figured I'd sleep tight Sunday. So guess who pulled an all nighter to finish his College Writing process portfolio? In case you didn't guess, it was me. I'm more tired than I have ever been in my life. In calculus my eyes were twitching uncontrollably and everything felt "heavier." I can't even walk in a straight line, and can barely keep my balance. Only a solitary cup of French Vanilla cappuccino is keeping me rolling. I am running on fumes to the max today. And despite all this feeling-like-crapness, I got everything done that needed doing today. I am going to set the ocean on fire, for at the moment, I truly do not give a fuck.
          At least they had awesome music on when I went down for breakfast at 7. The hall had just opened, I walked in and "Stuck In the Middle With You" by Stealer's Wheel came on. I strutted around and gathered my food, and as I sat down "Dancing Queen" came on. Finally, "Do You Love Me" by the Contours was blasting when I made my exit. I was quite pleased with the music choices today.
          I also read an essay by Iris about her childhood and was almost -- almost -- moved to tears. This is from the guy who didn't cry at "Marley and Me." In fact, I'm taking my mind off it by writing this entry. Also, I picked out my Secret Santa person's present, and it should be here within a day or two. I am considering taking a nap, but TF2 calls. You can always sleep when you're dead.
          Later, I powered through a full evening. Jaimie and I had a long chat about philosophical stuff, we did some filming with Alaric and Peace through Play' had its semiannual Celebration. NU and Improv'd performed (they were fantastic), and I got some J.P. Licks ice cream and a free shirt, so that was a plus. I returned, promptly fell asleep in Iris' bed and was out from 10:30 to around 3. Iris was still awake in Shandana's room, however, so she did reclaim it at that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment