Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Die Meisterblogger

          Last night I pulled an all nighter, ish. That is to say I was up until 9, and then I slept until 6. In the wee hours of the morning Scott and I had a great blink-182 jam in the common room, singing along and everything. He passed out first, and I went to bed shortly thereafter.
          After I awoke, I busied myself with my concert reports for WPaSH. I was heartened by the thrilling finale to "Die Meistersinger von Nurnberg" by Wagner (though what a scumbag he was, and "honor your German Masters" is a slightly questionable phrase) and the lyricism of Mozart and Beethoven's piano concertos. Also, classes are done with, so that's a nice plus; all I have to concentrate on now are a best works portfolio for College Writing, a calculus final on Tuesday, and a WPaSH quiz and final. 24/7 quiet hours are in effect now, a change I'll have to adjust to; I even had to have Colleen lay down the law on some idiots on the 8th floor who were being incredibly loud and obnoxious, which was a first.
         After all the work was put aside, we gathered a record number of people in my room (though not on my bed) to screen "A True Gentleman". We were nervous that the floor wouldn't receive it well or deem it unfunny. Of course, that statement is total bullshit. The script was top-notch and with all the star power involved (Sean, Joseph, Lauren, Cassandra, Sabrina, Sarah, and myself) it was impossible to fail. In tomorrow's post I'll put up a link and you can bathe in the glory of Telemachos Bombadier and Justinian Galahad. Oh, and Jaimie was in it for a second also, playing the role of Stacy Stacks. Following trueGent.avi, we planned to view "The Good, the bad, the Weird," but there weren't enough people present. Alaric, Sean, Iris, Heather and I decided on "The Hebrew Hammer" instead, which is a Judaism-based spoof on blaxploitation films and generally a fun romp. Afterwards, Heather and I hung out for a while and talked about life. A good time was had by all.
          Quote of the day: "I'm trying to make mediocre decisions for the week." - Meredith, debating whether it would be a good idea to go act like a completely responsible adult

1 comment:

  1. I still need to see the Hebrew Hammer! Let me know next time there's a screening of it, even if I'm already asleep

    ReplyDelete