Insta-up at 8 AM, no alarm necessary. Perhaps it's a product of my completely dysfunctional sleeping patterns, but going to bed at 3 apparently didn't faze me this time. For a time I hung out in the common room with Angel, ate Nutella on Ritz and read tvtropes. For the uninformed, tvtropes is crack cocaine for the mind. I'll post it in the pages list to the right; go on, search for your favorite movie and see if you can withstand its addictive power.
I should probably mention the moustache is gone. I'm down to long sideburns again, and it's a flashback to when I shaved my Amish beard back in the day. I had "My Freeze Ray" and the Bad Horse chorus from Dr. Horrible stuck in my head all day, leading to renewed cookie thievery. I've broken 300, and I will reach a thousand before the end of the second semester. It has been theorized that Sarah turns into the Hulk while under the influence of completely legal energy drink beverages; she gains more and more strength and speed at the cost of reduced brainpower.
Alaric and I ventured to Winterfest for the Rageous Band today, completely aware that it was a party and definitely not carrying our trusty instruments. Gingerbread houses were constructed, and despite the other team having two to our one, quality beat quantity for once and we emerged victorious. We discussed going on the band tour to New York in February and I scored a tray of cookies and 2 liters of diet Coke. I learned that Les Miserables is coming to Boston in January and decided to get pumped. Also, we played Apples to Apples and Alaric and I combined to score 8 green cards. The first several were seriously: deadly, dead, dangerous, depressing, woebegone, dying, hopeless. "I think I'm seeing a theme here," quipped a band mate.
I talked to Catie on the telephone for a time and discussed certain individuals saying certain untrue things about me at home; haters gon' hate, as they say. After relaxing in the common room for a while, I hosted Doghouse, a lovable comedy-horror film about a biological weapon turning women into the man-hating, ball-busting zombies we all know they are deep down. Meredith, Jaco, Angel, Iris, Kassie, and Sabrina were shocked by its 100% medical and psychological accuracy; Sean, Alaric and I vowed to stick together as zombie hunting bros in the case of such an infestation. This would have been a right proper movie for Guys' Night. We estimated our rough chances of survival in that event, and I determined that Iris would be instantly defenestrated by me. Indeed, there is a huge cluster of guys' rooms all around the common room and near the elevators, so the 929 boys, Ben's suite and Akash's suite stand the best chance of survival. Speaking of whom...
Akash - A wonderful singer and performer with a great sense of humor and commendable skill at Symphony class. He was sighted in NUStage's Broadway 2k show wearing a dress and is generally an entertaining gentleman.
Also, lots of good quotes today.
"It didn't feel bad throwing up. It was natural, like breathing." - Alaric
...
Danica: "What's an octant?"
Sean: "The first octant? That's like a positive positive positive."
Danica: "So when it has a z it's an octant?"
Sean: "Yeah."
all of my what.jpg
...
And these two, both said within about two minutes by Meredith while being a guest in my room.
"You and Lauren are just two peas in a music asshole pod."
"No, not mocking, just noticing and being like, 'wow, that's kind of awkward.'" [Talking about my open-voweled inflection, asked if she was mocking me.]
No comments:
Post a Comment