I received a handmade "happy holidays" card from Iris this morning, which was very pleasant. My mother gushed a bit over her handwriting and asked me for probably the fourth time if Iris knew Joseph. (I don't know.) This is a motivation to put in more work on The Good Doctor, and soon. It'll definitely be done before the end of winter break.
Work with my father went on for about three hours up in Woodstock. Mainly, I helped him move a great deal of crushed stone and soil with the consistency of clay. This reminded me to get working out again, so there should be deck workouts on my radar in the next couple of days. I had to leave around twelve for a dentist appointment. Have I mentioned I love my dentist? "Andrewwww! How aaare youuu?" Dentist visits don't usually bother me much, and that clean teeth feel is pretty great. I even found a use for that "clench your left thumb really hard to kill your gag reflex" trick -- Dr. Zhang needed a couple x-rays with this awkward object in my mouth, and I was glad to know that piece of useless information.
On the way home, my mother and I stopped at the Ulster County SPCA to look at prospective dogs for Ryan. It's all he ever talks about. We saw three lab-something mixes that were taken from a high-kill kennel in the South, and then a dachshund-terrier hot dog mix named Stanley who's apparently the most fearless dog ever -- he bit a pit bull named Bubba in the face, we were told. After a moment of hilarity over "a pit bull named Bubba," we got going. The night was quiet, and the rain outside belied the fact that Christmas is in two days.
Quote of the day: "They bitch about money, but they've got it all and they're hard on the Gentile." - my father being very politically incorrect
No comments:
Post a Comment