Seeing as we live only forty minutes apart, Jaimie and I are definitely making plans at some point over this break and bringing posses. I did get to see Katharine today, and after some noir jazz and Magic School Bus in the car, we chilled out and watched The Good, the Bad, the Weird. I got my nom on with some Reese's and Milky Ways left over from Halloween and bid adieu around nine. The kiddies have school tomorrow, you see. Hopefully I can go in at some point this week and bother Van der Poel, Trees, Cacchillo and Madame Gore. If someone has to let me in the back door like I did for Peter last year, so be it.
Attention: this is the "nobody cares" paragraph. It's an odd coincidence, but since watching that movie for the first time (repeat screening in IV definitely in the works) I've seen a lot of things with Finger Chopper-esque moments in them. First was the "Meet the Spy" TF2 video, specifically the part where the titular Spy takes out the Sniper. Then Kick-Ass had that scene where Hit Girl goes up against the crime boss with a little knife. Doghouse had a scene with actual finger removal. Next we watched Pan's Labyrinth again, and I was like "wait a second..." when Mercedes cut up the Captain. And finally, I watched some of Quantum of Solace with my brother Ian last night, and the heroine-Bond-girl-thing uses a piece of obsidian on this evil general and slashes him like 5 times with it. It's probably my subconscious saying, "we need to watch this one again, and soon."
I finally got around to my Trace evaluations today. The emails were sounding pretty desperate. Pathetic, in fact. "You can make the difference to get over 50% participation!" Later ones were entirely in capital letters. Additionally, I reserved a spot at the Frozen Fenway game on January 14, so my Rageous Band pals ought to do the same -- wink, wink. Now on to attempting to write a story for Iris, who is the neediest person I know.
No comments:
Post a Comment