Today, I went to the dining hall on a mission. I transported a simply absurd amount of food back to West F with my backpack and some classic d-hall stealth. In a stroke of excellent luck, Iris' mini-fridge arrived today, and she's lending it to us for the year. Eric and I carried it over from her apartment in West B and promptly began to stock it with some of the excess stuff in the fridge. Some time later, Eric, Iris, Harrison, Alaric, Eliot and I headed over to Centennial for a free concert. First up was Penguin Prison, a mildly good pop-rock outfit; we stuck around for a few songs, then took a walk over to the reflecting pool. We got back in time to catch the beginning of the second act, Purity Ring. This band has a synthy, dream pop sound that I rather enjoyed. The concert itself was a bit awkward due to the barriers being fifteen feet from the stage (so Tastemakers members can hang out in front) and an unnecessarily large security presence. At the beginning, three security guards were standing inside the already miniature pit, which was pretty humorous and also a bit sad.
Quotes of the day:
"He is pretty sexy, I'm not gonna lie to you. He's three million years old and he's still a stud." - Kara, on Sean Connery
"Allow me to reintroduce your food!" - Eric
"Hell yeah, dude. This is the story of a hoodrat's life." - Harrison
No comments:
Post a Comment