This morning, Alaric and I joined Amy, Angel, Joy, and several others for a jaunt into Chinatown. We got dim sum, a new dining experience for me! For those who haven't tried it, you sit at a table with a kind of scorecard, waiters push carts of food around and you point at what you want. For each item you choose, they stamp your card. The food is all very novel (sometimes in a good way, sometimes not so much) and I felt like I was in that eating scene from Spirited Away (you know the one I mean.) For such a filling meal, it was amazingly cheap split between all of us: about $7.50 each for maybe ten people. Afterward, we got bubble tea, also a first for me. I had a more smoothie-like beverage; the mango portion of it was delicious, but the tapioca-like bubbles I could do without. Alaric and I, tired from all the food and walking around all morning, chilled in bed with our computers. I blasted some Bone Thugs-n-Harmony and messed around on Reddit in anticipation of our outing later. In the evening, several of us went out to Al Dente, a little eatery in the North End, to celebrate Sarah and Lauren's birthdays. Despite the fact that we had a reservation, we had to wait about thirty minutes to get in, but it was worth it in the end. At my table were Ryan, Lauren, Iris, Eric, Laura and Sabrina, and we all enjoyed huge portions of amazing Italian food. I myself chose the lobster ravioli and saved a good deal of it for later in the evening, when Eric and I settled in to hang out and talk. I put on The Usual Suspects, but didn't finish it after getting distracted; I'll be watching it another night.
Quotes of the day:
"What the fuck you tryin' to say about Citizens Bank?" - Eric
"My hands are Christopher Reeve-status right now." - Eric
"Not for many moons." - Harrison
"Breaking Bad feels good in your loins." - Sean
...
Alaric: "The jury is till out on chicken feet."
Me: "Verdict: guilty."
Alaric: "Guilty of what is the question. It's definitely guilty of something."
...
Sean: "Nobody's gonna catch that guy, not with gloves and a hat."
Harrison: "Yeah, he's invincible."
No comments:
Post a Comment