Friday, September 14, 2012

Salt and Pepper

          I tend to feel like an idiot in MPT, but I was dropping science in RRE today and felt reassured. Also, I noticed that Jake, IV 9 North's RA from last year, is in the class as well. Post-class, we played some TF2, hung out with Laura and Anthony, and had a good time. Alaric has a new green hat that some deride as overly thuggish, but we gentlemen regard as rather fly. Along with the others, Harrison and I had a long conversation about the Iraq War and the effects of the United States' many wars on our lives. Late in the night, Sabrina, Sean, Alaric and I went out walking. We met Maddie briefly, spent some time by the Reflecting Pool, parted with Sean and continued down Mass Ave. The three of us stopped at the Berklee Boloco, passed over the bridge, walked downriver and crossed again at the Longfellow Bridge (I think. It's the one with the "salt and pepper" stone towers on either side.) On the way back, we passed through the Common and some neighborhoods I've never seen before. All this reminded me how charming Boston can be. Along the way, we had one of those late-night college conversations that spans everything one can imagine and needs hours to run its course. It felt good to spend some real time with my roommate and a friend who I've barely spoken to this year, let alone hung out with.
          Quotes of the day:
"There's a high density of Andys over there." - Professor Smead
"Andy, were you here when someone dropped cereal off for me?" - Harrison
"I would say that the converse is very bad. Think how that would look on a resume. 'Not good at logic.'" - Sean
"'It wasn't me!' Followed by ten seconds of mumbling. 'It wasn't me!' Again!" - Eric, on Harrison's sleep talking
"We do not know what it is to be at peace." - Harrison
"It's after all my classes, but... it's after all my classes." - Alaric
"He needs...some. I don't know what he needs, but he needs some of it." - me

No comments:

Post a Comment