I brought my A-game in International Relations today. We were split into six sections, each representing a country determining whether they wanted to pursue a nuclear program. I was assigned to Argentina, with Brazil as the opposing country. I persuaded my team that a nuke would be bad for our country in every way (bad for international reputation, violation of U.N. resolutions, not really useful for defense, etc.) and my opinion was borne out by the facts: Argentina abandoned its nuclear program in the 1990s. The Brazil group chose to continue with their nuclear program, but Professor Ogden mocked them a little bit for it, pointing out that there are few large cities to strike in Argentina and that they have little to fear from us anyway. My good mood was somewhat neutralized when I realized that I need to buy the New York Times subscription again, essentially the third text for one of my least favorite classes.
Katie visited for a while today, and we had a wonderful conversation spanning my dying computer (the reason she came over) to dancing, to cops, to movies, to money and to more tawdry affairs. The day was also marked by chance meetings with Tasha and Duke. Later, Iris and I were spending quality time when we were rudely interrupted by a fire drill, and at the end of the night I engaged in some Left 4 Dead with the gentlemen.
Quotes of the day:
"Close your eyes. Everyone has their rock, something to cling to when times get hard. It might be a parent, or your friends. Your music, or sports. I want you to imagine it. Can you see it? Can you picture it? Now imagine it's gone. Open your eyes." - Professor Lovely
"Welcome to the Reformation. Dark times... oh yeah." - Professor Lovely
"Snarf snarf, let me find pants." - Katie
"It's all about the delivery... man." - Alaric
"And then angels came out of Heaven and cried on Al's shoulders." - Eric
No comments:
Post a Comment