Friday, September 28, 2012

Silence of the Logicians

          I got a mediocre grade on my first RRE homework, putting me in a bad mood for the rest of the day. This class is extremely math-oriented with an intuition level of zero, since we're largely working with variables to calculate probabilities. My interest in the course has evaporated, and I can only hope it gets better. The Andrews had a fun story for me regarding an awkward hookup with one of the girls sitting right in front of us. After class, I played in the band as our girls won another volleyball game, but this one was rather boring and I was distracted by the same robotic telemarketer calling me seven times.
          Harrison, Iris and I watched Silence of the Lambs together, and they enjoyed it considerably. I'm especially pleased that Iris found it to her liking, since she professes no love for scary movies. We attempted to continue with the somewhat less stellar Hannibal, but everyone got tired and we resigned it to another night. I read Mom's Cancer, a brilliant graphic novel describing the impact of cancer on the artist's family. The rest of my night was spent annotating the issue of Cosmopolitan that 616 handed over to me. I'm rather proud of how it turned out.
          Quotes of the day:
"I will convey this message to Vladimir." - Anthony
"Publisher's Clearinghouse in this bitch." - Eric
...
Harrison: "Awwwww what, staph infection!"
Eric: "Hell yeah."

No comments:

Post a Comment