Today started extremely poorly after I couldn't find my Husky card and ended up 10 minutes late to recitation. I missed the quiz (along with three others who arrived after me) and the TA rather cattily explained that it couldn't be made up. I was more bummed than anything, but the guy next to me looked like he was going to cry. I learned that China is only now commissioning their first aircraft carrier, surprising giving the alarmist climate among the "all U.S. vs. China, all the time" types. At the end of recitation, the TA reversed his decision on the makeups and we all left feeling slightly better.
International Relations with Professor Ogden never fails to not meet expectations. To put it bluntly, I'm not overly confident in her teaching ability. She has a tendency toward giving completely incorrect accounts of current events only to be corrected by a student, or referring to the Soviet Union as if it still exists. MPT was a whirl of Leviathan discussion, which had the hilarious side effect of completely mirroring a former, acidic contemplation of society as a type of huge organism.
An unbearably long pep band rehearsal was accompanied by a terrible, aching hunger, and I was overjoyed when JL let us go four minutes early. Shay came over to visit for a few minutes, a welcome diversion, and I gave her her playlist, which she seems happy with. Late in the night, Eric and I walked extremely far after taking a left on to Huntington. We went past the Stop 'n Shop and nearly reached the highway, stopping along the way for a box of donuts, a Peace Tea and a Red Bull. We spent some time philosophizing and discussing life in two astonishingly dry chairs behind Behrakis, one of the most peaceful experiences of my week. I settled in to watch him start a game of Borderlands and fell asleep in my chair.
Quotes of the day:
"Good morning, welcome to Quantitative Techniques. My name is Professor Rochefort." - Professor Rochefort
"Revolution is very, very sexy." - Professor Lovely
"What did Jesus do when the crowd was about to stone this woman? And I don't mean in the good way." - Professor Lovely
"Mo music, mo problems." - JL
"They kind of remind me of a painting I don't know exists." - Anthony
"It's not hate crime, it's logic crime." - me
"It's also the international homeless person jacket." - Eric
...
Me: "Iris, where's Bane?"
Iris: "I'm hiding him."
...
Anthony: "Dude looks like a business."
Alaric: "Corporations are people, man."
No comments:
Post a Comment