Saturday, September 15, 2012

Off the Rails

          My Saturday started out sleepy, and I pulled myself out of bed to go to a volleyball game for pep band. There was some mystifying business about the call time, so I was a bit late, though on time for the game itself. I ended up right behind Gordon, who complained about how loud I was playing (ugh), and to the right of another girl who has some issues with mass. To my right was the metal "don't fall off the bleachers" guard, and I found myself leaning into it in an attempt to play over Gordon's head and not keep bumping into the person to my left. Somehow I got the book that has a blood-like substance on it for the second gig in a row. On the plus side, the Huskies stomped UConn in only three sets, with a hotly contested first set, the second less so, and the third ending in a resounding victory.
          After the game, Alaric and I came home to some delicious dumplings prepared by Eric and Sean. A multitude of people showed up to taste the food and make merry (even Shay made an appearance!) and the night went well. In pursuit of conversation, I stayed up with a completely level-headed Laura, a contemplative Eric, an amusingly disorderly Sean, and an unbelievably giggly Meredith. It was the epitome of a great night at school, and I retired with complete satisfaction.
          Quotes of the day:
"Who touch Sasha?" - Eric
"Shall we retire to the drawing room and enjoy some well-deserved pleasures?" - Sean
"You have a very forceful personality." - Meredith, giving me a nice compliment(?)
"You're a very forward, friendly person." - Eric, trying his hand as well
"I'm just glad I can't feel anything." - Sean
"Is that what I am, a situation?" - Sean
"I've never seen anyone giggle this much. And oh my god, you can't stop." - Eric
"Even the most hardcore fans. I'm like, 'You heard the books on tape?' They're like, 'No.' 'Then ya don't know shit!'" - Eric, on Harry Potter
"We'll be your crew. We're gonna roll deep." - Eric
"Redacted. Off the record." - Eric
"You've given everyone the giggles. That's how giggly you are." - Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment