As expected, I woke up somewhat groggy, but it wasn't an unpleasant feeling. Eric's family came out to visit and brought two bags of bagels along, making the gentlemen of 610 very happy. I visited Katie for some conversation and enjoyed a pumpkin muffin as well. In the afternoon I met with two of my MPT disputation partners in Curry: Justine, a cheerily sassy girl from Staten Island, and Mike, the guy who, on two separate occasions, fell asleep next to me and was subsequently kicked out of American Government last semester. We accomplished little, resolving instead to study on our own and combine our research at a later meeting with all seven team members.
Peter posted on Facebook inquiring about a large cookpot with a matching lid, promising a portion of the chili he intended to cook. I swung into action, grabbing one of our pots, but found that we lacked a lid that wasn't awkwardly large or too small. I then acquired one from 616, which irked Sabrina once she realized that the chili could have belonged to her instead. Alaric and I engaged in some tense negotiations with Sabs over how the chili should be distributed; we settled on 75%-25%, in my favor. Iris also surprised me with a nice gift: new sheets! My Sunday felt short, but it wasn't a bad end to this eventful weekend.
Quote of the day:
"I'm gonna bring it to the Asians." - Justine
No comments:
Post a Comment