On the way to pep band today, Alaric and I ran into Paul, a guy I worked with at camp a few years ago. I'd hoped that we wouldn't meet, but it's a minor annoyance at worst. Rehearsal was uncomfortably early, so Ariel and I roamed around in search of coffee until we settled on the Dunkin Donuts in Ruggles. The subsequent men's soccer game versus Harvard was a real excitement. The Crimsons got worked 1-0 in a spirited game by the Huskies, in spite of about 15 contact fouls against us. The final moment of the game was incredible -- NU's goalie blocked a last-ditch shot on goal by leaping into the ball with two outstretched fists. The Katie star shines brightly tonight.
The 610 boys had a hearty family dinner this evening. With Eric at the helm, pasta, a light salad, garlic bread and pan-fried shrimp were prepared. I cooked the shrimp myself, marking my first excursion into legitimate cooking, and I look forward to many more. We invited Toks, our RA, over to grab some dinner as well. She's a third-year pharmacy student, very nice and flighty, and seems like a very appreciable RA. Alaric and I played some TF2, and then watched some videos with Eric. First was the wonderful DMX/Reading Rainbow theme mashup, then the Drop It Like It's Hot/Thomas the Tank Engine mashup, and finally "Lawnmower Dreams of the Moon." After listening to the sinister robot music from TF2's Mann vs. Machine update, we called a meeting of the joint chiefs of staff and watched part of Fast Five, which proved to be just the thing.
Quotes of the day:
"Daddy Warbucks will take care of all his kids." - Eric
"I love to be the hype man when people start fights. As soon as someone says something, I'm like, 'Ohhhhhhhhh shiiiiit!'" - Eric
"Craiglist, a.ka. Homicideslist." - Alaric
"Sean, the first time we started up Smash Bros., without hesitation, names himself Babby." - Alaric
"Errbody up, err errbody up." - Shay
"Went-worked." - Alaric
"What'd I fuckin' tell you, Andy? What'd I fuckin' say? I told the shit!" - Eric
"Are you ready for Dwayne? Motha. Fuckin'. Dwayne?" - Eric
"What are they made of? Dark magic and temptation! That's all they are." - Eric, on fruit snacks
"It's the sweet fat life. That's what this suite is." - Eric
"To the legends of rock!" - Harrison
No comments:
Post a Comment